New Articles of Willemstan
This article was last updated on: April 8th of 2021
The announcement of the new legislation on June 18th of 2020.
The New Articles of Willemstan is the current governing document for Willemstan. All previous legislation is void. This document was created during the Willemstan 1.2 Reforms by the Construction Crew, who scrapped the previous Willemstan Amendments. Instead of re-instating the Willemstan Commandments, those in power at the time felt that they could improve upon the old system. The Willemstan Commandments were somewhat outdated with pages of old legislation and goals, and so the crew wanted to make a new document that added improvements and removed the fluff. On June 18th of 2020, the New Articles of Willemstan were released to the public. Just like the Willemstan Commandments, the New Articles of Willemstan features a section for legislation, and seperates general guidelines into seperate catagories.
- June 18th of 2020 - Document was drafted and created by the Construction Crew.
- November 8th of 2020 - The document was revised by Eli Payton's administration. They went over the election proceedings drafted earlier and revised them. This insured the election proceedings were set in stone in their image by the time the Winter 2020 Election occured.
- February 12th of 2021 - Sean Kavanagh's legislation was added to the document by Ian Hampton. Clarifications about the election process were also added.
- February 20th of 2021 - Official Willemstan Holidays were added to the document by Ian Hampton. These were drafted and agreed upon by Sean Kavanagh's administration in the days prior.
- February 23rd of 2021 - New election proceedings were written by Ian and were approved by the rest of Sean Kavanagh's administration. This new election system transformed Willemstan's corrupt election system into an actually fair election system. Vote outsourcing, manipulation, and other fradulant activities were banned. The ballot was revised into a ranked format, in which each voter would pick three candidates (in ranked order) for Dictator, instead of just one.
- April 8th of 2021 - Legislation was added in which the Dictator must make a speech on each Willemstan Holiday.